Nearing Bottom? Litecoin Prices Consolidating After Rough September
Litecoin’s price has had a hard time ter the fallout of China’s initial coin suggesting (ICO) geobsedeerd.
While both bitcoin and litecoin took a succesnummer after the early September statement from Chinese regulators – followed by domestic cryptocurrency exchanges voluntarily ceasing to suggest services ter the aftermath – bitcoin quickly recovered and neared record highs against the US dollar this week.
Spil litecoin support struggled, bitcoin seems to have benefitted from the rotation out of ether and ethereum-based tokens, triggered by fears of China-like ICO confinements ter other jurisdictions.
Against the U.S. dollar, litecoin is now down by more than $40 from its record high of $98.28, achieved on September 1. Further, the litecoin-bitcoin (LTC/BTC) exchange rate fell from 0.019 BTC (September Two high) to 0.0098 BTC this week.
At press time, LTC/BTC is trading at 0.0105 BTC – down 0.9 procent on the day. Week-over-week, the pair is down 13.22 procent, while on a monthly voet, it is nursing a 34 procent loss.
However, price activity analysis suggests that the LTC/BTC pair could be nearing a bottom.
The 4-hour chart shows that:
- The relative strength index (RSI) is rising from the oversold region.
- The falling trend line is seen suggesting resistance at 0.0115 BTC.
Daily chart: RSI oversold
The weekly chart shows that:
- Prices are presently hovering around the 61.8 procent Fibonacci retracement level of 0.01025 BTC, which acted spil a strong support mechanism ter May, June and August.
- Trading volumes have dropped significantly during the latest sell-off.
- The upward sloping 50-day moving average is seen suggesting support at 0.0098 BTC.
- The oversold conditions on the daily and 4-hour chart – which come at a time when prices are hovering around the critical 61.8% Fibonacci retracement support level – indicates the LTC/BTC pair could be nearing a bottom.
- The dips below 0.01025 BTC (61.8% Fibonacci retracement) are likely to be short-lived.
- The pair is more likely to rally to 0.012 and 0.0135 (200-day moving average) levels ter the brief run.
The leader ter blockchain news, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a rigorous set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests te cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.